22 August 2011

Lemon Coconut Slice



Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 3tsp lemon rind
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups Caster Sugar
  • 250g butter
  • 1 cup dessicated coconut
  • 1 1/2 cup plain flour (all purpose flour) 







Method

1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line (& grease) a 20x30cm cake tin (mine was 30x30cm and they were pretty thick).
2. Melt butter in a medium/large saucepan over medium heat. Once butter is melted remove from heat. Stir in the sugar (it'll be pretty thick!).
3. Add eggs, one at a time and stir until thick and glossy.
4. Sift flour over the mixture and stir until well combined. Then stir in the coconut, lemon rind and lemon juice (ps I added an extra 1/2tsp of rind). Spread the mixture over the tin.
5. Cook for 30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Take out of the oven and cool in the pan. Once cooled flick onto a wire rack (let it cool more) and then cut into pieces.


I took this to work and everyone gobbled it up. I guess I shouldn't have made a diabetes joke because low and behold I got called in by my midwives to do a follow up glucose test later this week!

*courtesy of www.taste.com.au*

No comments:

Post a Comment